Sunday, December 6, 2009

Everything is Relative


A Tribute

Godspeed

They have been our faithful servants, our tireless comrades,

and our loyal friends.
giving us their all...
speed endurance power...
A gentle grace.
and flawless beauty
their unwavering trust.
their heart.
Godspeed to the 49 noble horses and 2 men
that lost their lives this
past weekend...
May their wild spirit
burn bright...
....and may they always
have green pastures.

Thank you to Linda at http://coconutsandlimes.blogspot.com/ for letting me use her beautiful words from a past tragedy when the polo ponies in Florida were lost.

On a much less serious note we are taking off our cowboy boots

and soon will be heading home soon .

We didn't make the semi-finals so back in the car we go,

heading home to Christmas and snow.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

a quiet life said...

that was a beautiful tribute to such a sad time...

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweetie...
Oh Kelly, I so love this beautiful photo, and the horses running, free spirits, gosh I so love it.

I cannot believe that you all didn't make the semi-finals. I am sorry for you and DH, but happy that you are heading home for Christmas. No place like home.

Please have a safe trip. I will be praying for your journey.

Stop by soon. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Tara said...

Congratulations on making it as far as you did! Next time you will go all the way, I'm sure of it! Have a safe trip and a great day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelley, that was just beautiful...I seem to recall that happening. You did a great job, I am sure; but home you are coming, and we await to hear more about your journey. Bisous, Anita

angelandspot said...

Such a beautiful tribute.

Anonymous said...

It broke my heart when I heard this story and I said some prayers for the families.

Willow

The Victorian Parlor said...

Kelley,

This is such a beautiful tribute:).

Blessings,

Kim

Inspired Comblogulations said...

Heart wrenching.
Lee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails