Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Week of Hopes and Dreams, Butterflies and Bling

Horse people...I truly believe they are a different sort.

They live the dream of the relationship of man and horse

A magical relationship.

We are dreamers

we savor the time we spend with our horses

be it in the show ring, feeding, grooming or helping with the miracle of birth


Lila Rose

each moment is special !

This week our dreams are BIG!

Today my cowboy goes into the show ring

to compete with 800 plus other cowboys and cowgirls.

My-Cowboy

A day that many of our hopes and dreams are built upon

The horse he is riding is one that was bred, born and rasied on our farm.



Oh-My-Lila-Rose


She is a 3 year old that has never been shown before

Practice, practice and more practicen

which is one of the requirments of this show.

The NCHA Cutting Horse Futurity has a purse of 3,000,000.

NO PRESSURE, yeah right

Today my husband will show around 3:00 and in 2 1/2 minutes we will know if he continues the dance in the next round.

I have shown in this show before, it is like playing in the Super Bowl.

I HAVE BUTTERFLIES swirling around in my stomach, sometimes I think it is easier to show than watch the ones we love...
needless to say I am a armchair quarterback during the entire run.

I plan to engage in a little retail therapy to take my mind off things and as you can see it is there is lots of bling to do the trick

Lotsa-Boots


Bottles-ala-Crystal



Beautiful-bits



Cowgirl-Bling


Hopefully next time you visit we will still be dancing.


Life-is-too-short


Thanks for visiting!


Enjoy!


8 comments:

angelandspot said...

Good Luck! :)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kelley...
Good luck to you and your cowboy. I will be thinking about you all. Praying for the next round. Your baby is just the most beautiful 3 year old I have ever seen. How very precious.

I love the necklace you have shown here. It is breathtaking. I also love the bottle with bling, and the belts oh my.

Can't wait to hear how you all do. I will be watching. Don't forget to post the results.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Hearts Turned said...

Best of luck today! How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMG. You really know how to get to me! You are the blog find of the year! Horses, tea, vintage goodies, humor...it's all here for me! BON COURAGE! BONNE CHANCE! GOOD LUCK! Anita

June said...

Hi Kelley, I want to wish your husband and pony, good luck! I love the pics.
Hugs,
June

Tara said...

Oh you must be so anxious, although by now I'm sure you know the result. Good luck to your family. The retail theraphy pictures are gorgeous! My Mom and Aunties are at Cowboy Christmas this weekend and will be engaging in a bit themselves!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Kelly,
I just had to get another gander at your beautiful blog. I paged through the year on your past posts and what can I say....all of your images of your beautiful farm, the horses and your decorating style certainly are breathtaking, priceless and again, an incredible find. You have inspired me so much. I look forward to another new year with you and your treasures that you share so sweetly. Have a great weekend! Anita

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Kelly....

My BFF is totally a horse girlie....I know zippidy-do...nothing, nada about them...well, except they are soooo beautiful.... I know nothing....she knows everything....and we're BFF'S.....City girl and country girl.

I'm sorry to read you didn't make it to the semi-finals....You will NEXT time!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails