Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Great White North

Yes, I DO live in the great white north.

Pine-Tree-Row

Our family had a fun time in our winter wonderland this past weekend.

Our family farm was planted with several hundred small pine trees when we bought it well...

They are not so little anymore.

The past couple of years we have cut down one of our trees to be our special tree for Christmas

This year we harvested two, one for us and one for a good friend.

Now this isn't a small trick

Tree-Cutting-Team

getting to the Pine tree row is about 1/4 mile from the main barn and with 3 feet of snow it is a little tricky


So out comes the snowmobile and the tree cutting team

Really?

My cowboy, DD and her BFF

We all go up the hill, taking turns on the snowmobile

This-is-the-One

Once we are up there I jump off the snowmobile and promptly become a snow statue, the snow was so deep I couldn't move. So walking the entire line of trees seemed a little crazy so we found the ones we wanted within several feet and many falls. My friend Cynthia posing with her tree, I think she should apply for a job at "The Price Is Right":)

Timber

Time to cut her down..(oh no, not Cynthia, the tree)

Of-Course-I-am-Helping

Of course "Blue" had to get into the action

Load-her-Up

Load it up



Away we go...my daughter trying to scare her mother to death on the snowmobile.



Take it home and decorate, decorate, decorate.

The-Result

The result has put us all in FULL Christmas mode.

I hope you are enjoying all your Christmas experiences during this special time




Enjoy!


11 comments:

Rebecca Lewis said...

Kelley,
It looks like you had so much fun! I miss riding snowmobiles...haven't done it in years. Love your tree ~ it's gorgeous!
Merry Christmas! ~ Rebecca

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kelley...
What wonderful memories sweetie. You all had such a beautiful time. I love your photography. The snow is quite beautiful, just a winter wonderland. How lovely to be able to go out and cut the tree you love the most. And beautiful you did get. I love it. All decorated, it is so huge and so magnificent. You all did a great job. Even your critter had a wonderful time.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful memory with me today. I will cherish it always. I have always wanted to go and cut a tree for Christmas, and today I have. It smells wonderful, and I can even hear the fire crackling to warm back up by.

Have a beautiful day sweetie. I am sending Country hugs and much love at Christmastime...Sherry

Inspired Comblogulations said...

Kelley,
I am going to show my husband this post... he love snowmobiles, as he has relatives in Wisconsin and remembers playing on them in his teens...How odd... it was 70 out yesterday here.
Your land is beautiful, but honestly, that tree is the prettiest one I think I have ever seen. This made me remember the Griswalds trip to get their tree...so funny.
Lee
Stay warm.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

The Griswalds! I'm sorry...I'm laughing after reading Lee's comment...she's so funny!

Seriously girl, you really know how to put us in the Christmas spirit. I don't know how you find all the time to do all what you do but you do it so PRETTY!!!!! :)

I love all of your Christmas goodies and your house is sooooo warm for the holidays. One day, ONE day I'm going to get my butt up there!!!!

Merry Christmas Kelley!!!!
everything vintage

ps...it's time for another swap...don't you think?

June said...

OH MY GOSH Kelley, this looks like so much fun!!! Except the stumbling around in the snow part. I think of how much fun you guys had to have had doing all this...and on your own property too. Gorgeous job on the decorating!
You look so cute on the snow machine. That's what we call 'em in Idaho, ya know! I personally don't like the things, but Dale would live on one in the winter if he could. Oh ya, that's right,... he does.
hugs

KayEllen said...

Beautiful Kelley!!!
Looks a fun winter wonderland too:)

Warm hugs from California,

Kay Ellen

Tara said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I haven't had a real tree in years let along cut down my own. I don't think I've done that since I was little and we lived near lots of trees. These days the artificial tree comes out because I like to leave it out for a long time and it drys out otherwise, but OH how I miss the smell! Your tree looks glorious!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Kelley! How beautiful your home and ranch are during this magical time of year! How are the kids, and the ponies? MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelley! You entered into my dear friend's blog site, Woolytales Miniatures! Did you see the little foal she made? She is the woman of whom I write the story. She is amazing....as well as kind and wonderful. Thank you for perusing my blog and my husband's blog as well! You are so kind to do so...know that I just adore your blog, your theme and crafts. You are a great find, my friend! Oh yes, Patricia's site is so tempting! Tell her I sent you, please! Oh! And I directed her to your site a week ago as well, because I knew she would just love your horses. She lives on a ranch as well. Happy day my friend! Anita

Regina said...

Hello Kelley. Wonderful photos. Looks so much fun. Happy Holidays.
Regards.

maría cecilia said...

Kelley, I wish you and your family a wonderful and very happy christmas and may next year brings much blessings and happiness to you all.

You seem having lots of fun in your snowy wonderland!!! Here we are starting summer.
Muchos cariños
Maria Cecilia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails