Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Live in Two Very Different Worlds

The-Center-of-Attention

Thursday the table was set with attention to all the details


The-Table-Was-Set

The Thanksgiving china out and ready for turkey

Friendly Village china by Johnson Bros.
A different design of Johnson Bros. Friendly Village for each guest


Friendly Village china by Johnson Bros.



Friendly Village china by Johnson Bros.



Friendly Village china by Johnson Bros.

We gathered with old friends and new



Doc-all-Decked-Out

Saturday “Doc” was the entertainment in the Petoskey Thanksgiving Day Parade


Time-for-The-Parade

All the children whispering “look at that BIG horse” as he walked by
A perfect gentleman the whole time but…

Doc-Ready-for-Snow

I know that he would have rather been in other places.

By the time time Sunday rolled around all the prim and proper was thrown out the window
And just about everything we owned was thrown in the back of the truck and off to Texas we go.

On The Road Again


We will spend the next two weeks at the National Cutting Horse Futurity
in Fort Worth, the largest show in the “cutting world”.

My other world with the forks on the left, spoon and knife on the right
is put on hold while I transition into my “cowgirl” life.

The transition is complete...after 24 unglamorous hours in the car,
this morning I woke up right in the middle of Texas.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelly,
I get my breath taken away each time that I come to see what you have done, where you live, with whom you live....first of all, how did you get such great close-up shots of those gorgeous dishes without it being blurred? Secondly, your horses are divine. Thirdly, you have two wonderful worlds and lastly, your home is TDF! Thank you for introducing yourself to my world! Peace, Anita

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kelley...
Your home looks so beautiful sweetie. So absolutely beautiful. I love the dishes tapped in pink. They are the most exquisite things I have ever seen. I am thrilled that you shared this beautiful table.

Doc looks so gorgeous. His mane looks so beautiful all done up in bows. He doesn't look to happy to have bows there, but he knows he is on display. My gosh he is big. How tall is this guy and what is he? He is so handsome.

What do you do at this National Cutting Horse Futurity? Do you ride? Show? I hope you will post some pics. I love seeing the horses.

Thanks so much for sharing. As always I love to see what you are up to.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. Good luck on the show.

Willow

Inspired Comblogulations said...

Welcome to Texas! I think you brought some cold air with ya! I will say it again, your blog is beautiful, Kelley.
Lee

June said...

And BOTH of your worlds are wonderful Kelley! Doc looks so awesome all decked out for the holiday parade. Have a great time at the show!
Hugs,
June

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kelly, you are so sweet to visit my blog. Discovering you has made me so very happy. The beauty of your photos and life on a farm with HORSES is splendid and hits me just right. I live a stressful busy life, and I love what I do as a teacher, but your life calms me down! Thank you and bless you this holiday season! Anita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails