Sunday, May 24, 2009

White Shoe Season


Yes it is official!




You can wear those White Shoes

A sure sign of Spring...
but I must ask "what would happen if you WORE WHITE SHOES BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY"?

Do your feet fall off?

Would people snicker behind your back. OR...

would you be a personal hero for being sooooooooooooooooo daring?

Truth be known, (OMG),I have worn white shoes after the official Memorial Day -Labor Day Shoe Season and nothing happens other than you thinking I really need a tan so my feet don't blend with the shoes.


Regardless of the calendar and the wearing of the white shoes I know spring is here.

Because Mother Nature is telling me by:



The spring green of the meadow that I see when I look out of my dining room window.
The true blue of Lake Michigan after a frozen white winter.

The bursting of all the blossoms in my yard


Purple Fireworks


Not so crabby Apple blossoms



A Kaleidoscope of Colors


The beautiful palette of colors of pansies











the unfurling of plants that have been hiding all winter



Wild Strawberry Bloosoms in the Meadow


Ahhhhhhhhhh I'M LOVING IT!
Happy Spring to all!

I hope you wear those wonderful white shoes to dance all summer.

Free Signature GeneFree Signature Generatorrator

6 comments:

Tara said...

Your pictures are beautiful, once again. You've really captured Spring unfurling in all it's GLORY!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day and God Bless you and your family.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Kelley! I have NO style as I thought we could all wear white after Easter!!! Oh well, I look fat in white so I'll just dance in my crocs...(where no one can see me!) tee hee!
Enjoy your weekend!!!!
everything vintage

June said...

Hi Kelly,
You captured spring so beautifully with these wonderful photos.
My mom was a firm believer in this rule about white shoes. When I was little, I wondered why there was even a rule about shoes. Well, then I saw the movie 'Serial Mom' and now I know what happens to women who wear white shoes before Memorial Day. I wonder what my husband would do if I went out and painted all his horse shoes white. He's shoeing our horses tomorrow.lol
Smiles,
June

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Your exquisite eye & photography is awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed viewing spring thru your eyes.

White shoes, OMG! What a sin to wear them out of season ... we even, regardless of hot warm the weather was, wore fall clothes to school on the first day ... period! My husband & I discuss lots of times 'how on earth' we survived our times & parents idiosyncracies.

Chuckle! TTFN ~ Marydon

The Victorian Parlor said...

Gorgeous flowers!!!

As for the white shoes-I'm with you! Because we generally have warm weather most of the year here we get away with wearing white 'out of season' not to mention many of us wear flip-flops in February:). I always wondered where these 'fashion rules' originated but I believe that we should wear what we like when we like!

Blessings,

Kim

Lara said...

oh, so beautiful! look at the colours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails