Thursday, May 28, 2009

Drunk Bottles and a Quick Farm Update

I am a great fan of KayEllen and her blog. Recently she posted a project that I loved, dressing up old bottles with lace and antique flatware using a seelah tape ,a great adhesive no sew tape that is made by a company her parents own.




I couldn't wait to make a few of them but of course I had to add more bling.


So...I decorated the bottles and added candle holders.


Maybe I went a little overboard...

one candle probably would have done the job and in the meantime save my sanity.

I couldn't get all the candles straight at the same time to save my life.



I think maybe the candles were drinking the wine while I wasn't looking.


A quick update at the farm




Daisy May is doing very well and is out playing with the other fillies during the day

AND

we had our last 2 foals this past week, both fillies.

Foaling is done for the season and I am most thankful all went well.



Doc our new addition is still the novelty of the farm.

My husband rode him this past weekend for the first time.

He is a like riding a gentle giant.



Our daughter visited us over the Memorial Day weekend.


She isn't a "horse girl" or at least never was never very interested in them.


Sometimes I think they were too available plus she knew the work involved...

the dream of a pony wasn't part of her childhood


To my amazement she wanted to ride everyday while she was home.


She connected with a little mare named Countess Wilson


It was so fun to have her out riding with us


I will post pictures of the new fillies when it stops raining.


As Always

Thanks for Visiting!
Free Signature GeneratorFree Signature Generator

5 comments:

KayEllen said...

Ahhhh you are so sweet!!Love your bottles you embellished:)

Thanks for the info commercial about Sealah no sew tape!!!

Anyone interested? they can go to my parents website and order a roll and try it!
www.jodeesinc.com

I love your new horse!!Wow... he is big and beautiful!!!


Hugs,
Kay Ellen

Candy said...

creating with wine bottles, love it. Looking forward to visiting the sites that inspired you.
I remember seeing Doc when you first got him...but makes you hubby look small. Doc is surely a gaint. Did he have to climb the fence to get in the saddle?

Look forward to seeing the newest additions.

Blessings,
Candy

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Clever bottle decor ... love those little fillies ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Tara said...

What a great idea for homemade candles. I don't think you went overboard, I think they look wonderful. That Doc is sure a handsome fella! I'm glad to hear everything went well with all of the new babies and that everyone is healthy.

The Victorian Parlor said...

Congrats on the new fillies! I am so glad to hear that Daisy Mae is doing well:)

As for your candle holders they are fabulous!!! I might have to try that too:)

Blessings,

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails