Tuesday, July 7, 2009

THANK YOU SPECIAL STRANGER

Our world was almost turned upside down last night but thanks to a stranger, actually I think an angel it will remain "as is" for now.




In my last post I showed pictures of "Blue" my daughter's dog, actually her great protector, her biggest fan, her confidant, her BFF.




Our daughter made the trip for our 4th celebration from Orlando, a 22 hour drive. She and her roommate left Sunday evening and made it to Marietta Georgia around noon on Monday. They had plans with friends for a quick dinner around 5:00 so they checked into a hotel for a nap and a shower and a place for "Blue" to stay while they had dinner.


Fast forward to about 6:30 our cell phone rings with a number we don't recognize, it's dinner time, sometimes we don't answer during the dinner hour but since our daughter is on the road we do. THANK goodness!

"Hello"

"Hi, are you traveling through Georgia and do you have a dog?"

"No

"Well I have a dog here that is grayish and has spots with your phone number on his tag."


"OH NO, it's Blue, how can that be??? Yes, Yes it s our daughters dog. Where are you?"


"We are in the LaQuinta parking lot and he was just wandering around. "

I immediately called our daughter on our house phone and just short of a scream asked


"Where is Blue?"

"He is in the hotel room."

"NO he's not, some lady has him the parking lot. "

PANIC

"WHAT?"


She must have looked like she was dining and dashing as I imagine her flying out of the restaurant.

We asked the kind stranger "how did you find him"


"He was wandering around the parking lot, so we went through the hotel to see if anyone was missing a dog, no luck but...room 343 was wide open with no one inside. "

Yep, "Blue" had opened the door. He is one talented dog, which is part of the reason he is so special but it also gets him into trouble. This time it could have been BIG TROUBLE, unthinkable trouble, heartbreaking trouble.

My husband trying to have conversation with our kind stranger until our daughter arrived told her "he can get a beer out of the refrigerator too" and "you should see him catch a Frisbee".

She was so kind and said she would wait in the shade until our daughter arrived.

Oh lovely stranger THANK YOU.


Lessons learned:


Don't leave Blue in a hotel room by himself.





It pays to have contact phone numbers on your dogs collar


There are angels here on earth





When my daughter arrived she of course THANKED HER from the bottom of her heart and asked for sweet stranger's name and address. Sweet stranger said "you don't need to send me anything, you would have done the same for me, well...if you want to send me one of his puppies that would be okay" Since "Blue" won't be fathering any puppies we will have to think of something extra special for this extra special woman.
Free Signature GeneratorFree Signature Generator

12 comments:

Angela said...

Praise the Lord that Blue was found by a kind, sweet stranger who would call a long distance phone number to try to find his owners! I really don't think most people would do that. I do know that my cell phone is a pay as you go phone, el cheapo! and I wouldn't be able to make a long distance phone call. It basically only works in the area that I live in, well about a half hour from my house, no cell phone service here. I don't know what I would have done. I would have tried to find his owner close by and check with the hotel clerk to see if anyone checked in with a beautiful dog like Blue.

He sure is a beautiful dog. Can he get untied if you were to tie him to something in the room so he couldn't open the door? I really would hate to put that handsome guy in a cage! I don't cage my girls but then again I live on a farm and they get to run free.

I'm so glad to hear that the story had a happy ending!!!

God Bless!
Angela

ps my word verification is
furbalis

furr balls lol

blushing rose said...

What a lucky dog to have been found by such a wonderful stranger ... I'd have been panic stricken also. He sure is a beautiful dog. Glad all ended so well ... TTFN ~Marydon

June said...

Great story and a lesson for all of us who travel with our dogs. My dog won't wear his collar, but he will now when we travel! I'm so glad everything worked out well.
Smiles,
June

Paint Girl said...

Thank you stranger! This just shows there are still wonderful people out there in this world! I would have done the same thing.
A few years, a black lab showed up at our house. It had a collar but no tags. We kept it in our dog kennel until the next day when the local vets would be open, my other half took it in to have it scanned for a micro chip, but had no chip. He left our contact info with the vets, sure enough, the owner did call the local vets checking to see if their dog was brought in and the vet gave the owners our number. They came and picked up their dog. We told them that they really need to get a name tag on that dog. The guy was a jerk, and was yelling at his dog. He was a long way from home too.
I keep name tags on my Aussie's and they are both micro-chipped.
I am so glad that Blue is back with your daughter!

Just A Girl said...

Oh my gosh! How horrifying! I'm glad Blue is back where he's supposed to be. Poor guy, was probably just looking for his best friend.
Thank you lovely stranger!!!

Oh I was here during Vanessa's tea party and just love your blog.

xoxo Cori

The Victorian Parlor said...

Thank the Lord for angels like this woman! I am so glad that Blue is safe with your daughter:).

Blessings,

Kim

Tara said...

Wow! Your daughter really lucked out. Good thing the dog is so sweet natured as to let a stranger catch her too. What a happy ending! The only kind I like!

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, my! How frightening to think he might have been lost! And wonderful that he would go to a stranger and sit with her. Our little Chloe would have run. Good stranger and good Blue! What a blessing a kind stranger is!

Hugs,
Robin

Deb said...

What a gorgeous dog Blue is! And pretty talented too to open up that door all by himself :-) so happy he was found by a kind stranger & back to you safely ♥

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

Oh my goodness, my heart was in my mouth just reading your story...I cannot begin to feel what your daughter did driving back to the hotel...
Let me add my thank you stranger to the list! This is one smart dog, you would think the hotel would have know Blue was staying there and reconized him...he is one beautiful dog...
We have held on to a few lost dogs in the past, that is what you do...this a lesson for everyone reading your blog...tags on animals and always find the owner...no matter what you must do!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! what a Beautiful story.... I have needed about five tissues to dab away my tears ;O)

a quiet life said...

thank god for happy endings! and your pics, just gorgeous...

i have a cat that can open a door, poses loads of problems so i totally get it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails