Friday, July 31, 2009

Slow Down We Move Too FAST!

Sometimes we don't have a choice...sometimes the choice to slow down is made for you.
Guilty as charged!
Burning the candle at both ends works for a while...then as we know no fire is left.
And I have found if I don't blow out one end myself,
my body will have to take that responsibility.

Well my body has demanded a hiatus, if I want to or not.
Last week I was fighting it kicking and screaming but I have surrendered.
I will let my body recover from whatever "bug" I have and I will do so quietly.

I need remind myself to live my favorite
quote that I have stenciled in my kitchen:


Summer-Ice-Tea

"Please tell me about your busy day.

Though our time is short, we've much to say .

Forget the things to do and places to be.

Let's sit and chat over a cup of tea."

Author Unknown

So please sit and take a sip of tea, relax and enjoy!

Slow down...I know it is easier said than done, just a gentle reminder.

Have a wonderful weekend and as always THANKS FOR VISITING!

6 comments:

blushing rose said...

Perfectly said, Kelley ~ TTFN ~Marydon

Tara said...

I think everyone could take this to heart. Summer is when you are supposed to take a vacation and I think sometimes things speed up with more activities planned. Especially if you live where you only get nice weather 4 months out of the year. You have to squeeze a lot in! Enjoy your rest and relaxation and tea.

June said...

Hi Kelly,
Wonderful advise, I think I will take it to heart. I hope you're feeling like yourself very soon.
Smiles,
June

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Kelllllleeeeeeeey~
I feel so sorry for you. I wish I could be like "I dream of Genie" and wiggle my nose and make you feel better. (or was that Samantha the witch?)

I hope this IS just a bug and not something serious that's lingering!

This is Dr. Jodie's orders:
Full cup of Slow Down
Stalk your flowers (1 hour a day)
Visit your fav blogs (as needed)
Hug the puppies (3+ times daily)
Post a medical update (asap)

This MUST be followed as directed!

I'm on call and you can contact me 24/7...you know where to find me!!!!

Love ya much!
everything vintage

The Victorian Parlor said...

I love the quote! I agree that we all need to take the time to sit down, have a cup of tea, and just enjoy the beauty around us:).

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Blessings,

Kim

sez said...

i like that quote :) thanks for the reminder ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails