Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beautiful Flying Horses

The horse world sometimes is so divided...

Soar

All horses are beautiful beasts.

It doesn't matter to me if you ride


Listen
Dressage Barrel Horses Cutting Horses Hunters Jumpers Roping Horses

3 Day Event Pleasure English Western Bareback Trail Reiners Halter Horses Team Penners

In the horse world these are called "disciplines" and for some reason some feel one discipline is more important, prestigious, or just plain better.

Well I say "Let's All Grow Up"
We all love horses so that makes us sisters and let's appreciate what we all do, care and love these magnificent, beautiful, wondrous, beasts.

Take-off

This weekend I had the opportunity to watch in AWE a discipline that I do not participate in.


THE GRAND PRIX .


Landing
The" Jumping Elite" they jump the highest fences known to horses and they are showing to qualify for the most elite Equine Events, such as the Olympics.

Hair-Aflyin
Even if I don't understand all the technicalities of this discipline that doesn't change the beauty of these unbelievable athletes.


The-Smile

LOOK AT THAT SMILE

looks like things are going well!

Reach
48-Seconds

This event is part of Horse Shows By the Bay,

a 4 Week Show in Traverse City Michigan, WOW the facility FlintFields are just beautiful!!!


Horse-Show-By-the-Bay


Oh I forgot one discipline "Lead Line"
this is the class that the "little" equestrians participate in, yes there is an age requirement, 6 and under.

They-Start-Young

Good-Pony


See-it-is-like-this

OH MY!

They Start EARLY and can't you just tell all the attitude these little ones have.



Taking-the-Short-Cut
Let's finish showing you the winner.

This girl took a few "shortcuts" on the course which is risky but...

The-Finish-Line IT PAID OFF!

I just love the expression of the spectator upper left corner!

The-winner
Congratulations!!!!


Now it's time for me to get back to my Cutting Horses.

Free Signature GeneratorFree Signature Generator

5 comments:

June said...

Hi Kelly,
They certainly are wonderful athletes! I've enjoyed watching these events since I was a small girl. I too, love all the different ways in which these amazing animals excel. Beautiful pictures!
Smiles,
June

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

This is the discipline of riding my daughter participates in...Hunter/Jumper. It's always so exciting to watch the power of the horses as they sail over the jumps...except when it's MY daughter on the back of the horse that's jumping. :o

The "$200,000 Budweiser American Invitational," one of the premier show jumping events in the United States, is held every April right here in Tampa, FL. Invitations to compete are offered to only thirty-five of the world's finest equestrians. We've been spectators at this huge event several times in past years.

Paint Girl said...

What amazing pictures! I love watching all disciplines!
The kids in the leadline were so adorable!

The Victorian Parlor said...

Kelley,

Very well said! Horses are the most beautiful creatures on earth no matter what discipline they are used in:). I rode hunters and dressage and loved it all but it was the horses that made it worth while. The pictures are absolutley gorgeous! Thank you for taking me on a sentimental journey through a discipline I dearly loved.

Blessings,

Kim

food with style said...

omg, your pics could knock me over with a feather... i am always so happy when i leave your blog~ you truly are award winning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails