Friday, July 17, 2009

Horsin Around

We have so many personalities on our farm, today I am talking about the equine personalities(we have other kinds too, another day, another post) .

Good-Horse

I am always amazed when people ask "can you tell the horses apart?"

Slicky-and-Doc

Now this might be a little obvious but each one is so different than the other

These two, "Doc" and "Slicky" are the best of friends
"Doc" is the gentle giant and lives life in the slow lane
"Slicky" is approaching the slow lane in life
he is 23 years old, my husbands first "cutting horse"
"Slicky" is serving out his senior years as a model citizen by helping
out with the Junior High Equestrian Team, which I am proud to say is
coached by our Farm Manager, Jona.

Each horse has a story to tell

I like some of the horses more than others

Some are nicer than others

They would love to visit with you for a moment and you will see how different they are and why they bring so much joy into my life.

Mega-Haida

"Mega Haida"
He is 8 years old
He is a gentleman
He is the type of guy you would want your daughter to date


Black-Tie

"Black Tie Levis"
4 Year old gelding
A wonderful riding horse
A bit of a "bully" when it comes to "playing with others"

Beautiful-Cash-Moria
"Cash Moria"
The "Movie Star" of the farm
A very successful "cutting horse"
Tougher than nails
Very aloof but she has earned the right


I-See--You "Phantom Levis"
A 3 year old gelding impersonating "The Phantom of the Opera"
Very easy to ride and get along with
He just wants to please



Hello-Daisy-May
"Daisy May" and Mom
This little girl is growing up so fast
I have yet to really get to know her but you
can tell she is pretty impressed with herself
Don't worry about Mom-she has a fly mask on to keep those pesky flys away



Dancing-Horses


Photoshop and I had a little fun with "Black Tie" and "Mega"


Thanks for visiting we always appreciate you stopping by.

Free Signature GeFree Signature Generatornerator

8 comments:

a quiet life said...

truly breathtaking... your close up made me gasp its so beautiful, the love you have for them shows through in every photo... such a treat to see!

blushing rose said...

Oh, my gosh! I am in heaven .. what beauties. I so look forward to horse pics. TY for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

Karen Valentine said...

Hello my bloggy friend! WooHoo!!! Party day is just a week away! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's creative spaces. I have a request... I thought it would be easier for everyone to leave comments if we all turned off comment moderation and word verification during the day (or maybe week) of the party. To do that, go to customize, settings, comments...then scroll down to turn off comment moderation and word verification.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week. See you next Friday!!
BTW... your horses are gorgeous!!!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

June said...

Hi Kelly,
It was fun to meet your horses. Ours all have quite distinct personalities as well. It's always cool to see who they grow up to be.
I loved your pictures!
Smiles,
June

marilyn said...

hey, kelley ...
really enjoyed "meeting" each of your beauties from your farm ...
your photographs are fantastic!!
thanks for sharing your zest for life through your fab blog!!

enjoy your weekend, my friend!

Paint Girl said...

Your horses are very beautiful and loved your pictures!
My 2 girls are very different in their personalities. One is very dominant and in your pocket while the other one is more standoffish and anxious. My sisters horse is kinda in between mine. So we have a nice mix of personalities!

Regina said...

I love your farm. Amazing horses.

Regina

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Kelley...your equestrian family is beautiful!!!!! You speak of them with much love, it really shows in the photos!!! I just love when you take us out on the farm. I'm still waiting for a more detailed barn tour (hint hint)
everything vintage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails